Jamie Yoga Teacher Training is great for all people who love Ashtanga Vinyasa or Vinyasa Flow yoga. We do not require you to have years of practice or an advanced practice to become an Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher of our re-imagined Modified Primary Series. Jamie Blowers our founder and Dr Sumi Chattejee our Anatomy lecturer have developed effective methods over the years to support and nurture our trainees towards their highest teaching potential.
When you first start your journey as a teacher of yoga you will mainly teach beginners. The Jamie Yoga teacher training course focuses on developing your skills so that you excel at teaching beginner and intermediate classes.
When you can teach a beginner well, you can retain your students and build a secure student base and a secure income from your love of sharing Yoga!
While training to become a teacher of yoga we will challenge and guide you to develop personally, reflect on your teaching and become critical thinkers and analyse poses. This is done through rigorous discussions along with lectures and group sharing to bring about sometimes profound and often remarkable awakenings, of emotional confidence and intellectual clarity.
Jamie Yoga teacher training addresses the big difference between being an outstanding Practitioner and being an outstanding teacher. Teaching Yoga is all about the students and less about you and your practice. Developing a deep understanding of Asana Alignment themes and the correlation between the traditional Practice and how that has been transmitted to the Western Practice is Key. What is appropriate for diverse populations of students and how to retain a keen eye and a fresh personal, inventive approach is fundamental to being an outstanding teacher. You can rely on our ‘themes of alignment’, and their facilitation, ‘First identify, then isolate and dynamically activate’, to assist and support you in facilitating any teaching situation.
Jamie yoga training is for those seeking to celebrate their Western lifestyle and values while embracing useful parts of the precious innovations that the East has passed to us through Yoga. Here at Jamie Yoga we achieve an alchemy of ‘bests’ best of Western and of Eastern yoga traditions, in bringing Westerners an essentially Eastern Innovation, but from a Western Perspective. We look at the multi-layered benefits of Yoga Practice through a scientific lens and adopt an ambivalent interest in the Occult ideas of kundalini and pranic ‘energy’ for instance. Interpreting for today’s practitioner and future practitioners that will not be satisfied with fuzzy yoga platitudes and vague notions of Yoga’s multi-layered benefits and contemporary history.
We will teach you the fascinating history and introduce the ancient philosophy and then invite you to interpret these subjects for yourself through critical thinking, discussion and consideration of the practical application. Safely and carefully training your ‘know how’ to guide your future students’ towards physical, psychological and emotional wellness. Through transparent teaching and education, anatomical literacy and practical skill, rather than through emulation of misunderstood ancient and occult ideas, ideas that had died out in their mother country and only enjoyed a New Age renaissance in the West in the 19th and 20th centuries.
*payment plans available – Just call Jamie to arrange on 07535907363
Haridas is a Dharma and Bhakti Yogi. A Spiritual guide and expert in lived experience of Yoga traditions. He guides our teacher training students through dialogue and meditation focusing on the dilemmas in everyday life between material desires and higher aspirations. This helps a person’s confidence, optimism, and realization of true self develop.
Shalini is a Jamie Yoga graduate with a degree in psychology and a PGCE in teaching Shalini integrates her training in sensorimotor (body) psychotherapy - working with both physical and emotional aspects of the nervous system. She incorporates trauma-informed yoga teaching and will offer teacher training students insight into the HOW and WHY. Sharing how teachers can close the gap between ancient wisdom and the modern science of human psychology. Ensuring our students bloom on and off the mat.
Jamie himself will continue to lead the bulk of the training offering his expert and fun asana workshops and nurture and refine your authentic teaching voice and skills. Jamie has delivered this teacher training over 10 years as a Senior Yoga Teacher Trainer at Yoga Alliance Professionals, Jamie believes local teacher training is all about creating a support group of yogi friends around you.
Everyone who loves yoga practice has a yoga teacher inside them waiting to be drawn out. Fruitful teaching creates a space for your authentic voice and the space & conditions for you & your students’ growth.
Yoga teacher training opens the door to life change and personal development, an opportunity to revise and update the principles you live by while learning in-depth the delivery of asana classes, breathing exercises, and ethical interaction with your world.
Our teacher training will nurture you and give you skills to utilize from your personal position within this multifaceted and wonderful field of Yoga practice.
Jamie Blowers is a senior Yoga Teacher, Yoga Coach and YTT Trainer.
Jamie is a self-described yoga technician and is passionate to share precise asana technique to develop greater physical and mental health and happiness in peoples’ lives.
His yoga journey began discovering U.S. school, It’s Yoga International, headed by hugely influential Yoga Guru, the late Larry Shultz. In 2007 Jamie is grateful to have completed 200 hours YTT and then completed training as a first-generation Rocket® teacher, directly with Larry Shultz and his wife Marie in 2009. Larry later invited Jamie to deliver both the, It’s Yoga 200 YTT and The Rocket® Yoga TT as an associate Yoga teacher trainer in 2010.
Jamie’s Classes are dynamic and energising. He challenges his students to be stronger than they think they are and through detailed technical coaching, to embody their yoga practice fully and intensely.
Jamie’s curiosity for studying movement and bio-mechanic techniques firstly expressed itself through Dance training. Jamie was fortunate to complete Degrees at two Conservatoire’s of Dance, The Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Leeds, and The London Contemporary Dance School. Jamie also joined The Cunningham Dance School’s NYC advanced International Dance Program. Lastly, Jamie completed Dance studies with an MA in Choreography at The University of Lincoln in 2019. Jamie draws upon and interweaves the depth of his dance training to inspire his yoga teaching.
Jamie previously opened three Yoga Studios, two in Leeds and one in London, eventually recalibrating his Professional Yoga path to focus fully on his passion – delivering YTT. His own Yoga school, Jamie Yoga Trainings, has earned, Trainer Pro School accreditation from, The Yoga Alliance Professionals UK.
Jamie is inspired to connect and expand the field of Yoga, he has co-developed an asylum seeker yoga practice pilot scheme with The Red Cross, and is a founding Trustee of the U.K. Yoga Charity, Yogift. More recently Jamie has contributed his philosophical reflections on yoga through his first published article, ‘Not So Macho Man’, for Yoga Alliance Magazine, Amrita, Issue 6, 2021. Jamie also trained as a deep tissue massage therapist at Leeds University in 2014.
Jamie continues to enjoy teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa, lead 200 hour YTT, Rocket® YTT, workshops and master classes, nationally and internationally.
200 hour course delivered over a minimum of 21 days.
All Jamie Yoga Trainings are designed to invite practitioners to explore their understanding of the main ingredients of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga System of Yoga, through our Western contemporary and evolving perspective. Introducing the practice with techniques and methods that are proven to deepen and expand a student’s practice and teaching. I am very happy to be following in the footsteps of my own teacher, It’s Yoga Founder, Larry Shultz, in launching my own vision of Teacher Training with a passion to share all my experience gained from over 6000 hours of teaching since 2007. I have run a Successful Yoga studio, The Yoga Lab, delivered many Teacher trainings, taught classes and workshops freelance and arranged Yoga holidays in several locations in Europe. I am keen to pass on all my experience to my teachers in training. Jamie Yoga Teacher training aims to cultivate individuality, practical teaching proficiency, discipline and integrity in its graduate. It is my personal responsibility to get you there.
“Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance Professionals, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may register with Yoga Alliance Professionals to use their relevant membership level designation, as a sign of quality training.”
Jamie Blowers is a registered senior teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Jamie Blowers as Registered Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance U.K. will teach a minimum of 70 percent of the course content. This course is delivered over a minimum of 21 Days.
180 of the 200 hours are contact hours in the studio with The Senior Yoga Teacher Jamie Blowers. 30 hours will be non-contact for observing classes and assisting adjusting in classes.
The history of Yoga will be delivered as a lecture accompanied by word processed document for each student. Students will be asked to complete a comprehension exercise and to create a timeline. The learning aim is that students can understand and learn the evolution of the Ashtanga Yoga lineage, including the major figures and major texts. Larry Shultz is included to show that innovation is still happening in Ashtanga in in more recent times in much the same way as Ashtanga in the inception of T.Krishnamac harya. The great custodian of traditional Ashtanga will be juxtaposed with these innovators to give students a contextual understanding of Ashtanga as a simultaneously evolving and classical practice.
The Sutras of Patangeli will be considered in group reading and discussion along with the Eight Limb pathway of Ashtanga Yoga, and its evolution from The Upanishads to The Yoga Sutras.
Ujjayi Pranayama will be taught and practised as a group practice and then individually the students will practice ujjayi pranayama making notes of their personal observations, these observations will culminate in a script to teach the ujjayi breath. In pairs, the students will teach each other testing out their scripts and then feedback to the group. Fine tuning the scripts will continue throughout the course. Key points that will be introduced during this section are, The subtle energy Prana and Apana, the Subtle energy Chanel Shushumna Nadi and the theory of Kundalini. We then apply the techniques to the Asana practice and the students start to teach the breath as part of the Asana practice.
Theory and Practice, Working with the breath in Ashtanga sequences.
The students will practice Suranamascara A&B making notes and observations of their personal practice.
Each Asana and Vinyasa of the Namaskara will be workshopped as a group. The understanding of safe, traditional and modified variations for every level of practice and diverse injuries will be discussed and taught. The student will practice teaching in pairs and also have the opportunity to teach in small groups. The key points to be learned are Benefits and meaning of Surya namaskara. The mind-body-breath connection and how to introduce, inspire, cultivate and support this as a teacher.
Anatomy is delivered by Dr Mausumi Chattergee. Dr Chattergee is a Registered General Practitioner and a Musculoskeletal specialist and has benefitted by already studying Ashtanga Teacher training. This section will be in the form of a lecture with interaction exercises and followed by a written test of students functional knowledge as applied to Ashtanga Yoga and basic anatomy. This section helps to develop the eye for assessing the body and the Practice from a functional anatomy perspective. The ability to discern how much benefit is available for particular practitioners in any Ashtanga Asana.
The understanding of the individual as the primary subject and the necessity for individual practitioners desires abilities and anatomies to be assessed and that the modified Ashtanga series be utilised in serving the budding beginner Ashtanga Yogi.
There will be at least two tutors available to process a complaint on any Yoga teacher training course.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days from the date it is received. The response will contain the following information:
When the person(s) who are dealing with the complaint, have had an opportunity to review it, they will write to the tutor or person about whom the complaint has been made. The letter will outline the main elements of your complaint and ask for a full written response.
At this point, if further relevant information comes to light, you may be asked for your comments to ensure the investigator has a balanced understanding. When your response has been received, the investigator will consider all the information available to them and make a decision.
The response will include the following information:
If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint then outline the reasons for your dissatisfaction by letter. Email this to Yoga Alliance UK (if the teachers are Yoga Alliance UK accredited).
This information will be provided in response to Stage two.
There will be at least two tutors available for the complaints process who are delivering each teacher training course.
– Students should have been practising yoga for 2 years and have a regular practice before they will be permitted to enrol on the teacher training course.
– A deposit of£500 is necessary to secure a place on this course and should be paid at the time of the booking.
– The full fee should be paid 35 days before the beginning of the course.
– Applications will be taken on a ‘first come first served’ basis and students who have paid their deposit will have priority over those who haven’t.
– We reserving the right to refuse a place to students who have not paid their deposit or full fees by the required date.
– The fees must be paid in full and any private sessions paid for before a graduation certificate will be issued.
– Training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals SYT
– All lectures are given with accompanying Handouts all bound together.
– There is a DVD of The Modified Primary Series accompanying the course for each enrolled student.
– A minimum of one full Asana Practice each day of training.
– Practical teaching opportunities per day of training.
– A complimentary membership with Yoga Alliance Professionals (Formerly Yoga Alliance UK, for the duration of the training.
– The benefit of Student teacher insurance for the duration of the course for only £10 (£20 if in Ireland) from The Yoga Alliance Professionals.
– Flights, accommodation and food for yourself
– Insurance (you can get this from Yoga Alliance Professionals for just £10)* If you reside in the UK or £20 if you reside in Ireland
– A certificate (paying the fees do not guarantee you a certificate as you will need to successfully pass all assignments and attend a minimum of 80% the course.
– Yoga mats.
Student’s conduct during the course:
1. Students will be respectful of the studio space and the employees of the studio.
2. Students will be on time for all sessions.
3. Students will trust the Course facilitator’s expertise.
4. Students will deposit all rubbish in the bins provided and be responsible for looking after the communal space. Including the return of all equipment and materials.
5. Students will turn Mobile phones off during training.
6. Students will bring all required materials that have been given or requested to each training day.
7. Students understand it is their responsibility to replace their lost course materials.
8. Students will take their personal belongings home with them on each day of training. If there is a designated space for students belongings including yoga mats students understand they remain responsible for any lost or stolen items.
9. Students understand they are expected to properly nourish, hydrate and rest (adequate sleep) themselves as appropriate for an intensive physical training.
10. Students will practice asana in the studio in silence and refrain from asking questions until the end of asana Practice.
11. Students understand that one person will talk at any time during discussions and refrain from interrupting.
12. Students will use ‘I’ statements during discussions.
13. Students will endeavour to refrain from comparing themselves to others.
14. Students will speak only positively of themselves and other.
15. Students will endeavour to be fully present in mind body and attitude during the training days.
16. Students will listen to other students and respect the learning process and learning opportunities of others.
17. Students will honour the confidentiality of the group discussions.
18. Students will focus their full attention during the training process.
19. The Minimum attendance rate is decided by the discretion of The Senior Teacher Trainer.
20. Re-sitting the Practical assignment will be charged at £50 per resit, plus any extra studio hire charges.
22. Discretionary extensions may be granted if students are unable to complete the course requirements due to unforeseen circumstances.
23.5 observed classes and 5 assisted classes will be reflected upon and recorded and signed by a qualified yoga teacher as evidence of the student continuing their training after the course ends is required within 1 year before being enrolled on further professional development course with Jamie Yoga Teacher training.
Cancellation of Course:
– Course leaders reserve the right to cancel the course at any point due to unforeseen circumstances and will be reimbursed the tuition fee in full or offered a transfer to another equivalent training.
Five-day training course for teachers and practitioners.
Thomas Lawrie Clark
Sheila Ran Sispal
Jane Ann Simkin
Hurriyah A Sabur